Where has the time gone? Lately, I have been so overwhelmed with life that I didn’t get a chance to post last week. I’m so sorry! But I figured the least I could do is take a moment to explain all the new and exciting things that are currently happening with us, besides our daily beach trips and work deadlines (stress stress stress).
Here are all the fun thoughts running through my mind!
- Our engagement party! As you know, we got engaged last November and plan to celebrate with some family in July. We mailed our invitations last week, so now we can focus on the fun part, which is creating DIY decor for the party. Since we are having it in my sister’s backyard—essentially a forest—our party will be woodsy themed. I plan to post more on how we prepped for our celebration next month, so stay tuned!
- Wedding planning! We finally decided on a venue and are absolutely stoked. Our wedding is technically considered a mini-destination AND backyard wedding, which means planning will be a bit harder than your typical wedding, but we are willing to take the challenge. We are nervous to ask our relatives to travel for the event, but the location is so deeply meaningful to us, how could we pass it up? Time to decide on a caterer, photographer, DJ, tent rentals, chair and table rentals, and bathrooms (yeah seriously, we have to rent bathrooms)… basically EVERYTHING!
- Apartment hunting! Usually, we have to tour at least 10 apartments until we find the one, but this time, we were suuuuper lucky and fell in love with the VERY FIRST listing we found! We plan to move in July and I’ve never been more excited for an apartment! The new place will be larger and cheaper—say whaaaaaat? Also, it has a better layout, more windows, and gas heating (instead of our current electric heating, which is unbelievably expensive in New England)! Related: 12 Tips for Moving into a New Apartment.
- Planning our first Europe trip! My good friend is studying abroad in Scotland this upcoming semester, so we are trying to plan a visit to Europe to see her. Get ready for more travel posts by the end of this year! (We have possible honeymoon destinations in the back of our minds too!)
Little (but equally important) projects
- Starting a Youtube channel! YES! We started a Youtube channel and uploaded our first vlog over the weekend! My next goal is to upgrade our editing software from iMovie to Premiere Pro. But for now, we are in the process of editing several other vlogs. Keep your eyes peeled for new uploads!
- Editing our Costa Rica photos! Earlier this year, we had gone on a two-week adventure through the mountains, jungles and coastline of Costa Rica. As you can imagine, Costa Rica was unbelievably beautiful! Even though we’re months past, I am still in the process of editing my travel photos. You can expect more Costa Rica travel posts in the near future!
- Mastering tone curves! As always, I am finding ways to improve my skills. Lately, I have been watching tutorials about how to edit with Lightroom. My favorite channels are currently Peter McKinnon and Mango Street. Their styles are more hipster than my taste, but their tips are easily transferable. Hopefully, I can master those tricky tone curves soon!
- Growing this blog! Simply Lovebirds launched in late November 2016, however, I hadn’t started promoting my site until late April-ish 2017. It’s a steep learning curve and I’m really slow, guys! Since then, I have been trying different ways to grow my blog. By the end of this summer, I hope to be more active on social media, which has always been a huge struggle for me, but it’s a goal for a reason!
Whoo, let’s all take a big *exhale*
Thanks for reading about our latest news! We hope you’ve all been doing well!